1. Choose a film from the Required Readings & Resources schedule coercion Week 3 and suit (written, video, et al) encircling its aesthetics. What are the aesthetics of the film? How was it made? Explore through joined inquiry and procure at last individual External incorporate.
2. Choose individual proposal or firm of proposals from Lecture Slides coercion Week 3 – and suit. (written repartee or video, ok) Coercion illustration, ‘persistence of vision’, or-laws photography, Thomas Eakins and change-of-place, foreseeing. Explore through joined inquiry and procure at last individual External incorporate.
(Required) Watch Dziga Vertov’s Romance with a Movie Camera in its sum. (Approx 1 hour) Note: This account has melody assumed following from the Cinematic Orchestra as investigate footprint, yet the pristine film was still.
Required: (You may suit with a posted communication, stills, video…)
- Name 2 – 3 main themes of the film. (You may shortness to do a dwarf inquiry and that’s fine!)
- Read Romanceovich’s prelude (comprehend Required Readings). Which editing techniques or film practices does Romanceovich examine? e.g. temporal montage.
- Give examples of each technique and where used by Vertov. Please include ward grabs or stills as needed)
- How does Vertov’s editing aid him to coercionm a narrative encircling the romance and his camera?
- Ask a inquiry of your classmates encircling this film or idea of filmmaking and how it relates to other proposals we enjoy been talking encircling in Class or in any of your other recognition pursuits.
- Finally, how upstart was *cinema* by 1914 and in which countries?