Your manager has asked you to develop training materials to help employees understand the role of leadership within your organization. You will need to deliver this training via webinar for remote staff. Your manager expects you to be polished and ready to deliver a professional webinar and has asked you to submit a recording for her review before the live event. Use Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library and the Internet to research the topics for this webinar.
You will create a PowerPoint slide show with narration and speaker’s notes for your webinar, using your speaker’s notes to guide you.
Create a narrated PowerPoint presentation of four to eight slides (one or two slides per topic) in which you discuss each of the following leadership training topics:
- Leadership Style and Impact: Assess the three key elements of a leadership style and the impact that those elements can make on business success. Provide background for your answer and support for your rationale in your speaker’s notes.
- Motivation: Determine two key ways in which a leader can motivate employees to achieve their goals for the organization. Provide background for your answer and support for your rationale in your speaker notes.
- Managerial Communication: Give three recommendations for a leader to articulate their vision for the company to employees and other stakeholders. Provide background for your answer and support for your rationale in your speaker’s notes.
- Hiring Leaders: Prepare your webinar participants for the hiring process by asking them to assume they have received a résuâ€‹mé from a candidate to join your organization as a leader. Describe at least two criteria you would use to evaluate whether an applicant’s leadership style is a good fit for your organization. Provide background for your answer and support for your rationale in your speaker’s notes.
Professional Writing and Narrated PowerPoint Requirements
- Your PowerPoint presentation must be visually appealing and follow these formatting requirements:
- Use headings on each slide and at least one relevant graphic (photographs, charts, clip art, and so on).
- Apply slide design best practices (minimal text, supporting graphics, and proper mechanics, grammar, and spelling) for a professional presentation.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
- Provide a properly formatted references list on the last slide.
- Note that the title and reference slides are not included in the required number of slides.
- Include speaker’s notes for each slide; your speaker’s notes, combined with each slide’s content, must thoroughly address each of the leadership training topics.