Reconnaissance project need help to get done. Below is the project requirement. USA
- Prepare a business case justifying the need for a penetration test. Remember, the project manager is usually NOT excited about the test and is only doing it to check a box. Make sure they are aware of why it is necessary, and what benefits it brings them. In this business case, be sure to include why Penetration Testing is important from the business perspective, not just the security perspective.
- Develop a project timeline. Use project management software such as Microsoft Project, Zoho Projects, Team Gantt, or any other similar piece of software to develop a Gantt Chart showing the timeline. This project is due to take 5 weeks (Weeks 2-6 of our course).
- Define what deliverables the organization can expect from you. At what points in your timeline can they be expected (be sure to include these in your timeline above!), and what will they contain?
- Discuss the difference between active and passive information gathering. What activities are conducted in each type of information gathering?
- Discuss what OSINT is and what kinds of tasks it entails.
- Written Communication: Write in a professional manner using APA 6th Edition and formatting with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Resources: Identify at least two scholarly resources (peer-reviewed. Scholarly journals, not news articles, Wikipedia, blog posts, etc…) and two industry resources (whitepapers, industry (e.g., Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, etc…) blog posts, Cybersecurity professionals (Troy Hunt, Bruce Schneier, etc…) blogs, etc…).
- APA Formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA 6th Edition.
- Length: 3-5 Pages (not including Title Page, References, and any Abstract/Executive Summary)
- Font and font-size: Times New Roman 12pt, double spaced