Thus far, we have learned that the Supreme Court is a political branch and can either be an instrument of presidential policymaking or a hindrance. For this assignment, I would like you to pick a particularly controversial Supreme Court case from the list provided. Then, I would like you to pick a single president and research their actions and efforts to influence policy on the topic of that particular case. You need to justify why you have selected your president (i.e. it cannot be a random selection. The President must have strong views on the case and acted to influence it). Be sure to answer the following questions in the assignment:
1. What is the president’s stance on the case?
2. How did the president attempt to implement or thwart the policy?
3. What was the outcome? Be sure to note how the public (or the States) and Congress as well as the Court received the president’s actions.
Controversial SCOTUS cases
1. Brown v. Board of Education
2. Roe v. Wade
3. Miranda v. Arizona
4. Marbury v. Madison
5. District of Columbia v. Heller
6. Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission
7. Plessy v. Ferguson
8. Bush v. Gore
9. Lawrence v. Texas
10. Dred Scott v. Sanford
1. Include a Title Page with the title, your name, course, and date.
2. Use 12 point, Times New Roman font with 1” margins, double-spaced.
3. Use primary and secondary sources (NO wikipedia, cracked, howstuffworks, etc.).
a. Reputable news articles
c. Published manuscripts
4. Use page numbers, but do not include the number on the first page.
5. Use in-text citation and include a Works Cited page.
a. I do not care which citation style you use, just be consistent.
6. Use proper writing style, spelling, and grammar.
7. 4 pages text length, NOT including the title page and works cited.
Due date is Wednesday, November 20, at the beginning of class. ~~~For this or similar assignment papers~~~
Click Order Now/Place and fill the form accordingly then click checkout to be directed to payment preview & payment page. Your payment(which updates the order from pending to in progress) is processed by an encrypted secure system . We accept PayPal, and all cards. No intrusion of personal data.
Writing & Communication Process
We facilitate live chats, messages, and emails where you can communicate with your writer or support to clarify or track order progress
Check your completed orders files section. Download and check if it meets requirement for approval. If any changes are needed, request a revision to be done.