For Professional Experience #5, you will develop a promotional message. This can be an email, letter, info graphic, image, or any other relevant material that answers the following question:
• Why should students take a Professional Communications course?
Step One: Choose the type of file you want to use to develop your promotional message (Word document, PowerPoint, etc.) and open a new file in that type and save to your desktop, using the following file name format:
• Example: Ed_Buchanan_Wk9_Promotion
Step Two: Develop a promotional message that is no more than one page to explain why students should take a professional communications course.
Step Three: Submit your completed promotional message file for your instructor’s review using the Professional Experience #5 assignment link the Week 9 in Blackboard. Check that you have saved all changes and that your file name is follows this naming convention: Your_Name_Wk9_Promotion.
In order to receive credit for completing this task, you must:
• Ensure your message is no more than one page.
• Provide an effective answer to the question of why students should take a professional communication’s class.
• Submit the file to Blackboard using the Professional Experience #5 link in the week 9 tab in Blackboard.
Note: This is a pass/fail assignment. All elements must be completed simulating the workplace environment where incomplete work is not accepted.
• The professional experience assignments are designed to help prepare you for that environment. To earn credit, make sure you complete all elements and follow the instructions exactly as written. This is a pass/fail assignment, so no partial credit is possible. Assignments that follow directions as written will receive full credit, 22 points. Assignments that are incomplete or do not follow directions will be scored at a zero.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Plan, create, and evaluate professional documents.
• Write clearly, coherently, and persuasively using proper grammar, mechanics, and formatting appropriate to the situation.
• Deliver professional information to various audiences using appropriate tone, style, and format.
• Learn communication fundamentals and execute various professional tasks in a collaborative manner.
• Analyze professional communication examples to assist in revision.