- Write an essay with meaningful context and effective organization.
- Practice critical reading of college-level nonfiction writing.
- Use correct syntax, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Now that you have read Tannen’s essay,
respond to it by writing your own paper about difficulty in communication. It can be about gender or about some other kind of communication miscue. You can use the prewriting you did last week as a part of this paper (but not the complete paper). You can also use ideas from your freewriting. Your paper should:
- Be at least 900 words long
- APA format
- Be double spaced
- Include a thesis sentence at the end of your introduction. This thesis should be the message that you want the reader to get from your paper.
- Refer to the Tannen article, using at least two properly cited direct quotes.